Thursday, May 22, 2014

Elizabeth: 5 Months

Size

Diapers:  2

Clothes:  3-6 month
She's still on the smaller side (25%), but when she is wearing a bubble outfit, her kissable cheeks make her appear bigger.

Eating

Breastfeeding. We introduced solid food at 5 months.  So far she's tried oatmeal, rice cereal, pureed bananas mixed with oatmeal and sweet potatoes. The banana-oatmeal-breastmilk combo is her favorite.
 
Sleeping

She is a pretty consistent napper.  She still needs 3 naps a day. She is still not sleeping through the night but I am coping. 

Favorite things

Elizabeth loves to jump and bounce. I let her play in a Johnny Jumpo for 15 minutes a day and she acts like I took her to Disney World. Even when she is in my arms, she likes to be moving. She also loves a good diaper change and laying on her changing table--probably because she bounces on the mattress pad.  She also loves other children and babies.  She usually laughs or smiles at other kids. The nursery worker at church tells me that she "talks" the whole time.
 

Memorable Moments
 
Five months has by far been the best. She laughs out loud often and can focus performing specific "tasks" (like picking up a block).  One of my favorite moments with her was watching her interact with Paul Hess, one of my friends kids.  Paul is 3 years old and is ALL BOY.  She thought he was so funny and laughed and cackled at him for almost an hour.
 
We also recently took a trip to visit Grandparents in Georgia.  Elizabeth and I survived another plane ride together--this time I flew alone with her.  She did really well on the plane and made friends with all of the other passengers.  She does not do well on car rides.  I think she doesn't like facing backwards in the car and needs more stimulation.
 
I am very grateful for my sweet, joyful little girl!!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment