Friday, October 18, 2013

The Ten Thousand Dollar Nursery

Earlier this week, my friend Bridget posted a rather hilarious link to a blog with a post titled, "Warped Childhood, Restoration Hardware Style".  The blog consists of pictures and one liners like:


For Betsy Romneybilts, life was one long, luxurious dream… until the night the chandelier in the nursery fell.

The post goes on to make fun of our culture for spending gazillions of dollars on baby's nurseries where they essentially only eat, sleep and poop for a couple of years.

As a fiscally conservative individual (....sounds a lot better than saying cheapskate), I agree with this sentiment. However, at the same time, the nursery is really more for the mom than the baby.  From what I hear, I will be spending a LOT of time at all hours of the day in that one little room. I wanted a room that made me feel happy, wasn't overly girly or princess-ey yet was still feminine and sweet. We wanted all of the things that a $10,000 nursery offered--but our budget wasn't even a 10th of that!

Pace and I did a lot of DIY projects, Pintrest and Goodwill-ing to create the ideal space for Elizabeth. Over the next couple of weeks, I will highlight various aspects of her nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment